• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window seal rust?

ramdough

Looking at solving this issue. Only have two pictures and truck is not near me, so this is a brainstorming session.

The seal looks deformed, and rust is coming out from under it.

Thinking of pealing the lip up and injecting por15 in there..... not familiar on what to do. I am hesitant to have a windshield guy pull the seal out, because I hear replacement seals are stupid expensive.

what do you guys think?

Attachments

foxtrk2

I think your idea of putting the por15 under the seal would work. only suggestion id have is to go up the side quite a bit higher than you are showing , water usually migrates from the top down

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen this on vehicles that have sat outdoors for long periods of time between the sun and the rain its bound to happen. The only real way to clean this up long term is to pull the weather stripping off so you are able to totally see what your dealing with, POR 15 is a good product and with the weather strip off you can really give it a good treatment making sure you have total coverage I am afraid if you just try to inject it your going to miss places and then you have potential real rot problems in the future.\
Karl

ramdough

Are the seals usually reusable? I have heard horror stories about having to import the rubber seal at a high price. This is on an FMTV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They usually are reusable on other vehicles. I would get the glass pulled then inspect the gasket. The glass guy could possibly reuse your weatherstripping along with using a product called Window Weld by 3m.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks