• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield rubber

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I feel the need to preface this by saying I'm really not a moron, but, I've got a windsheild rubber that I cannot get a twist out of. I've figure eighted it and twisted it till the cows come home. Is it possible these are hand joined and I got a twisted one? I'm at a loss.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes it feels like this kind of dumb s**t only happens to me. Greg, if you have some of that spiral glass and George can point me to the windshield clown, I can get this installed. :D

DatGuyC

I have a set of windshield seals sitting in my garage that I've had for like a year and need to put in. I'm scared that when/if I get the old ones out I'll never be able to get the new ones in haha. Could you maybe do a writeup thing on how it goes?

Action

they like to curl up. start putting it on with the small flat edge first. the work to the other corner, then the long curved side.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that I'm not even going to try and do it on the vehicle. I'm sure some nice even pressure and lube will be involved.

MaverickH1

I made a video when installing my 2nd one. I'll post it at some point when I get state side. It was a pain because it was 30 degrees out and the rubber was not very pliable to get the window and seal into the windshield frame.

But yes... work very slowly and do not force it. I broke one by trying to force it. I used a ton of silicone lubricant and plastic interior trim tools to push the seal in slowly. Don't forget the weatherstripping adhesive on the inside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks