• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter shifter boot [5-ton]

F18hornetM

Have searched on here and net and haven't had much luck finding a winter shifter boot for my M813. Does anyone know where I can find one or if the M35 boot will fit? I have one on my M35 and could try it, but if some one else already has tried it, would save me the trouble.

Thanks

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not actually installed it, but did test fit a boot taken from an M35 in my M813 (I'm more interested in keeping some of the hot air out of the cab!) and it looked like a fine fit.

One source- SS member Jatonka makes reproduction ones that look to be very good. Google Jatonka and you will find his website.

Cheers

F18hornetM

Thanks. I saw his website. Im like you, keeping out the hot air in on 4th of July is probably more important than keeping out cold here. Mine doesnt have heat anyway, so whats a little more cold air?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Understood! I pulled the leaking core out of my M813 heater to fix it, but 6 years later it is still sitting there. Just don't need a heater around here. Temperatures plunged to 65 last night... It does get cold here, but not by comparison to other places. When it is 40* outside, there is enough hot air coming up around the shifter that a heater just isn't needed.

I will put the heater back eventually, just because it belongs in there. Meanwhile, I'm going to order a set of shifter boots from Jatonka.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks