• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wiper blade trouble hitting on just one side

goatijoe

The wiper blades on the truck was missing from the driver side so i just swapped the passenger to the drivers and got around to putting new arms and blades on it. They are both the same and the passenger side works great it stays on the glass but the driver side over laps at the bottom by over 1.5in. at the very bottom of the swing. I swapped them around and still the same thing with the driver i have been cutting the blades down to clear on the but i want to to work like the other side does. Has any one ever ran into this before. The truck was unfitted with the A3 wiper motor before i got it. I just don't see how this is rubbing just on one side unless i have over looked something but i cant see anything else that would cause it.

welldigger

Did you say your truck had a3 wipers? If it does I believe the linkage from the motor to the shaft in the window frame is adjustable.

Jeepsinker

If the wiper is hitting the bottom of the frame no matter which side you put it on then I would be led to believe that you either have a wiper arm that is too long, or you are not getting the correct wiper blades.

RAYZER

Theres a nurled insert that fits inside the wiper arm and over the shaft, the insert can be removed and re indexed for adjustments.

goatijoe

The blades and arms are the same but it only hits on the driver side. I do not have any contact on the side of the frames on it just at the bottom. This i cant understand is that the one on the passenger side is working flawless with no rub no where on the frame but the driver hit just at the very bottom. I have measured everything and all is the same with bothsides as fat as the frame and the blades and arms.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might sound dumb on my part but is the wiper blade mounting hole dead center of the blade or could it be offset.
The only outher thing if all is equal maybe the way the shaft that comes through the windshield is pitched down.

Last edited:

goatijoe

I see what you are saying but, if they are both the same arms and blades shouldn't they do the same thing as far as both wiping the glass like the passenger side on mine is. I just cant make see why one is not hitting and the other one is.

goatijoe

The one that is on the right is the drivers one it even measures 1/4in. shorter on the arm than the one on the passenger side. I noticed just now that the frames differ just a little bit by the make of it but all the measurements are the same.

goatijoe

That's What i have been doing but, after changing the new arm I figured it would take care of that problem. i just cant see no rhyme or reason behind this. I don't think that there is any difference in A2 or A3 windshields are there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks