• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Upgrade

Ajax MD

@Russ Knight

Russ, I didn't do J-hook but I did swap out to Anco 41-01 wiper arms with Trico 33-122 "Classic" wiper blades. The Anco 41-01 is metal and adjustable in length to help get the "sweep" that you desire.

It's Plug 'n Play. No cutting or modifications needed. You don't need the special, military wiper arm nut. Use the knurled adapter & hex nut that comes with the wiper arm to attach it to the wiper motor shaft.

Do NOT purchase the modern Anco 31 series wiper blade. It uses a crappy plastic fitting that does not engage the raised metal "dot" on the wiper arm very well so the blade flies off the arm during use. The Trico 33-122 Classic wiper blade is metal and engages much better.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@Russ Knight

Russ, I didn't do J-hook but I did swap out to Anco 41-01 wiper arms with Trico 33-122 "Classic" wiper blades. The Anco 41-01 is metal and adjustable in length to help get the "sweep" that you desire.

It's Plug 'n Play. No cutting or modifications needed. You don't need the special, military wiper arm nut. Use the knurled adapter & hex nut that comes with the wiper arm to attach it to the wiper motor shaft.

Do NOT purchase the modern Anco 31 series wiper blade. It uses a crappy plastic fitting that does not engage the raised metal "dot" on the wiper arm very well so the blade flies off the arm during use. The Trico 33-122 Classic wiper blade is metal and engages much better.

Thanks much!!!

Ajax MD

@Russ Knight

Also- it makes no difference if you have the crappy, plastic wiper motor or the better, metal-bodied motor. The shaft is the same and these parts work fine with both of them.

77 AMG

Well, I took a *MUCH* more "butch" approach and welded different end pieces on to my original arms. Let me see if I can find some pictures for you...

Brutal, but, they work quite nicely now. I am using 12" blades that are for the REAR WINDOW of a LOT of small-ish SUVs. I caught a BUNCH of them on sale at the local Ollies' for about $2 each, so I grabbed them all. ( about 15 sets)

Attachments

azulrios

@Russ Knight

RUSS, I bought all the kit and removed the military wipers. However, I am struggling to remove the existing wiper fitting. Do I need a small gear puller to remove so I can use the new adapter? Have attached fotos of driver and passenger attachment points with existing kit installed.

Attachments

azulrios

RUSS, I bought all the kit and removed the military wipers. However, I am struggling to remove the existing wiper fitting. Do I need a small gear puller to remove so I can use the new adapter? Have attached fotos of driver and passenger attachment points with existing kit installed.
Sorry, I meant to say, Ajax MD.

Ajax MD

Now that's odd.

The splined shaft was integral to my wiper motors, not a separate piece as indicated by your post.

Ajax MD

I have attached a cut & paste from the TM to see if we are discussing the same;
Nope. Totally different from my truck. I have an M813 with pneumatic wipers, similar to 2.5 ton trucks. Is yours a 900 series with electric wipers?

azulrios

Nope. Totally different from my truck. I have an M813 with pneumatic wipers, similar to 2.5 ton trucks. Is yours a 900 series with electric wipers?
I messed up!! I should have asked which vehicle you had!! I have a HMMWV M1025 A0 thus the reason the reason the change out did not work. Next time, I will ask the vehicle question!! THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE AND MY APOLOGIES for bugging you!! Thanks again!!

Ajax MD

I messed up!! I should have asked which vehicle you had!! I have a HMMWV M1025 A0 thus the reason the reason the change out did not work. Next time, I will ask the vehicle question!! THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE AND MY APOLOGIES for bugging you!! Thanks again!!
Ah, so. I've read that a set of Jeep YJ wiper blades adapts to the HMMWV easily. Check in that section.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks