• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wiring help

jsthnt@gmail.com

I installed a second alternator on my bobbed deuce.
I am going to wire it to a switch, but I have never wired a vehicle from scratch.
The pictures that I found here cut the white wire.
So if I have this right I take the white wire and go to the switch, then it goes to the fuse box, then to a gage, then to the battery.
The red wire goes to the terminal that the battery cable comes out of, then that goes to the battery. The ground goes to the to the frame.
Let me know if I have this Right.
Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I remembered Ian used a battery equalizer thing of some sort, for 12volt power.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you saying you added a 12v alternator and a third battery?

What alternator are you adding?

White wire to what switch? Are you going to manually operate a toggle switch to energize the alt? Or use a relay and use the stock ignition switch?

If you used a one wire(converted) alt, it would be much more simple.

jsthnt@gmail.com

They did put a 12 volt equalizer on it. With winter comming I wanted to have a completely seperate system. So I am going to take the equalizer of and probaly sell it.

They have a togle switch and an extra battery on the deuce already. But I would like to put it on the ignition switch.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get a one wire alt, then you will not need to switch it at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks