• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO in M923 with 8.3L Cummins

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It will tolorate some.....years ago (before the EPA nazies stepped in) big trucking companies used to burn their waste oil in their vehicles.......as mentioned above filter very well........centrifuge quality filtering.

I would install a pyrometer to watch the EGT....especially in a hard pull with a load on.

Alredneck

Banned
I know the NHC250 will run 100% WMO, Woodywood ran it in his M818 and only when it was cold out it was hard to start, sumer time no problem!

Garandfan

Aside from the filtering, which it would be (and I'm not trying to discuss the filtering process), would there be any adverse effects with running a mix? If so, suggestions on ratios? Synthetics? Tranny fluid? There are a ton of posts about WMO and older school motors, but there are hardly any comments about the newer motors. Other than straight experience, some who have a ton of on WMO, is there any technical data to throw red flags?

Westech

CPL
the NHC250 is not a newer engine. It has been around sense the mid 60's. I think you are referring to electronically controlled engines. And they do not like anything but nice new Cristal clean Diesel.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey man, I have the same engine in my truck. If it was not built for it, and it has not been tested by anyone else with success I would not do it. You might get lucky if it runs good for a while, but it might shorten the life of your motor. You always hear about guys blowing up the engines in the multi fuel trucks. How often do you hear a 8.3 blowing up.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the NHC250 is not a newer engine. It has been around sense the mid 60's. I think you are referring to electronically controlled engines. And they do not like anything but nice new Cristal clean Diesel.
hes talking about a m923a2 with the 8.3l cummins, not the nhc

Kalashnikov

Anything is possible.

I would do it as long as it is filtered correctly. I don't see what harm it could do if all the small particles acting like abrasives are filtered out. The worst I see it doing is killing and IP or injectors so even if you go 2k miles before something takes a dump, that's about fuel cost anyways.

A little piece of info: oil filters average about 20 microns from what I've seen. Most guys are filtering into single digits when using waste oil. Now if these machine bearing surfaces inside an engine can handle 2000RPm's with 20 micron particles, I would think you'd be plenty fine having 10 microns in the fuel system, not to mention 5 or even 1 micron...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks