• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a Sustainability award!

plym49

The firm I work for has a Sustainability program, as many companies do nowadays.

To promote employee awareness, they ran a contest for the best 'Green' thing. Each employee entered their personal Green practice or project.

I entered my Deuce, citing the Hypercycle engine as more efficient than conventional compression-ignition engines, plus the ability to run on waste oil (and, hence, extracting the latent energy in waste petroleum).

Guess who won? :) :) :)

plym49

One of the best things was the greenies reactions: "What a good idea!" "Why don't they do that anymore?" "All cars and trucks should be like that!"

Indeed.

plym49

Hey Plym, You didn't tell them it got Prius fuel ecomomy, did you? Congratulations!
Well, I did mention the excellent mileage I happened to get last time I had it out on the highway - and that was with a GVW around 20K.

Hey, did you happen to see what has been happening with the proposed Tesla museum? Google 'Tesla Oatmeal' (a big fund raiser was very successful).

Capt.Marion

From someone that has studied sustainability alongside engineering in college, the ability to use a variety of fuels, especially renewable fuels and waste as fuel with little energy spent turning it into fuel, is a very sustainable idea.

Before people start being silly, "sustainability" is not the same thing as "being green" and a lot of the other silliness that people take too far. Some of that crap can be considered "sustainable" efforts, but there is a lot more intelligence that goes into most sustainable initiatives.

Heck, just having a product that lasts as long as our trucks do and are retain their usefulness and efficacy is a very sustainable model.

EDIT: WOW I used "sustainable" a lot in that post. I'm a bit of a nerd, I guess. OH WELL.

Last edited:

plym49

From someone that has studied sustainability alongside engineering in college, the ability to use a variety of fuels, especially renewable fuels and waste as fuel with little energy spent turning it into fuel, is a very sustainable idea.

Before people start being silly, "sustainability" is not the same thing as "being green" and a lot of the other silliness that people take too far. Some of that crap can be considered "sustainable" efforts, but there is a lot more intelligence that goes into most sustainable initiatives.

Heck, just having a product that lasts as long as our trucks do and are retain their usefulness and efficacy is a very sustainable model.

EDIT: WOW I used "sustainable" a lot in that post. I'm a bit of a nerd, I guess. OH WELL.
Logic = Good

Common sense = Good

Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks