• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

....wood ammo box

L999here

Can anyone advise what may have been the first 'gun-truck'...? I'm thinking about the WW2 M16 half track with the quad mount (M45) for 4-.50 BMG's. However,I found an original...what I believe to be the first of it's type....wood .50 BMG ammo box that has an opening in the front to feed the cloth-belted .50 BMG ammo. I had never seen one of these...but believe it to be the first box used for feeding .50 BMG ammo to the original water-cooled Browning .50. Anyone have a better perspective or info...?

Attachments

L999here

...absolutely...

Yep...real sure. This type wood box is shown in Dolf's book on the .50 BMG....the 4th book in his series on the Browning's. Been shooting all the belt fed Browning's for over 30 yrs but had never seen this early box before this. Made some for my own use and was trying to post a 'for-sale' post...but could not get thru. Here's what the new-made box looks like...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks