• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wood pulling

armytruck63

I hired some tree trimmers to remove some Eucalyptus trees at the back of my property about a month ago. They left some huge chunks of wood in the ravine behind my house.

This afternoon my son and I pulled out the wood with the M1009 and a chain. No fuss, no muss, just idle speed in low range first.

Now we have to figure out how to split these huge chunks. If I lived in the true boonies, I would do it with a drill and dynamite.

Attachments

eagle4g63

A splitting maul if you don't have a log splitter(which is what I figured when you said had to figure out)

Or just use a big wedge and drive it in the cracks with a sledge.

The maul is how I split all mine.

armytruck63

I usually rent a log splitter, but I think it might not handle some of these larger pieces. I think I'll buy a maul and a BFH for the really big stuff. Thanks.

swampzr2

x2 on the maul. I split over 6 face cords per year with my 8# maul. Very rarely do I get out the wedges and sledge.

A splitting maul if you don't have a log splitter(which is what I figured when you said had to figure out)

Or just use a big wedge and drive it in the cracks with a sledge.

The maul is how I split all mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks