• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the Deuce

Heavysteven

Decided I am going to start working on the deuce when I have spare time. Between work and family have not gotten much done.

So today new wiper upgrade.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought my first Deuce and haven't picked it up yet, but look forward to restoring it.

I don't have the time to take it apart and fix everything at once. Like you, I am going to restore it one piece at a time as I have time to work on it.

My main worry is that I will have so much fun with mine, that I end up buying a 109 to keep it company. :)

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering how good your truck looks, are you going to paint the new frame with an artist brush???

What, so you're saying that would be wrong. :mrgreen:

Hope you're correct, fingers crossed. Would love nothing more then to be forced to drive her and only perform routine maintence. :driver:

Got it installed, one more.

FYI, you have to line up the frame before you tighten the bolts down up top. Other wise it will not close because the lifting arms hit.
Nice job!

Last edited:

Heavysteven

Got the new arms and blades on. Cleaned out the wiper motors and of course the old one runs like new and the new is not working. I am going to try some air tool oil. It has to be a problem in the valve.

Heavysteven

Ok, I am done for the day and probably the weekend.

Looking forward to getting some more parts on Monday.

Got a used wiper motor coming, gaskets for the water jacket, coolant hose for those short pieces up top, and green air line tubing for the wipers. Oh and I am going to pull the tank pump for inspection and replace the sending unit.

Attachments

Heavysteven

Be careful painting those windshields, could hinder your vision. LOL. Effortts look good so far. What brand and number wiper arms did you use?
2 *Anco 4101 Wiper Adjustable... **$14.17 **************2 **$28.34

**2 *Anco 3113 Short N Sweet Wi... ***$6.26 **************2 **$12.52

Purchased them from amozon

Heavysteven

Jackets off bolts came out easy. Lucky me. Now I have to clean and prep for new gaskets. Good thing I have an onsite hose maker....

Man bought 1 3/4" blue hose and it's 1 1/2"!!!!. Found some I had in the back but it does not look cool.

Any body know how much torque to tighten these things back to.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have found that for the plastic wipers, if you take them all the way apart and clean them up, then reassemble with thin coats of silicone lube, they work great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks