WTB Bolster or M1061 rims.

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need (1-3) of the one piece 16.5" bolster or M1061 rims. Thanks

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still looking....adding 19.5 budd with the 6x8.75 bc to the WTB list. Steel.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try calling Sam Winer Motors in Akron, OH. They have 10 or so bolster trailers that have been there quite a while. Ask for Robert. They may part some out.

Yes, they have them....but I think they are made of gold...ok just fine silver....thanks, we tried.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is an interesting dynamic. I was sent an email message that Ground7 sent me a PM at SS. He gave me the email of a man in Louisana that supposedly has some bolster rims. Now when I look to see the conversation, it is gone....omitted from the thread. "Ground7 started a conversation with you: "Bolster or M1061 rims" was the email I received.

I sent an email (not PM through SS) to the person and they replied they had 4 rims and wanted $585 shipped. Too rich for my blood but I shared my use idea, and that scoring 19.5 rims had solved my problem, but I would be interested at $50 each. I noticed his emails were short and gave up little information and that he dropped so significantly to my price WITH ONLY $35 FOR SHIPPING. Red flag waving.

I gave him my true shipping info and since we have never done business, asked for his. Now things have went silent and the post that recommended him, put right on this thread, is gone.

Ground7 started a new conversation with you at SteelSoldiers.
Bolster or M1061 rims

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably scammer but if you get a reply, I can check him out for you over here :)
Thanks Juanprado, I posted a bit more info on another thread "scam in progress". Wes said he made a complaint last night. No money transfered and the old saying "too good to be true" is proven again.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now when I look to see the conversation, it is gone...
Clearly just another scammer. Banned him early this morning - after Wes had reported a PM reply he got, for his WTB-ad:

You can mail kevex102 at gmail com he has M916 radiator shroud/brackets for sale

1593486169538.png1593487061427.png
Stricken-through username means that member (his IP) is permanently banned, already.

Folks, be careful when you get responses like that one above: typically it's a brand-new member (from "USA" or "UK" in this case) asking you to email him- or someone else who has - oh... exactly what you are looking for, using the exact same wording.

Please report such messages as soon as you find them.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This person doesn't give up. Even after I told him I know he is scamming, he wrote this to my email this morning.
---------
Hi Toby, I don't accept Payment on hold as this might delay shipping, once I receive payment I'll proceed with it and send your tracking number, I'll be sending through USPS priority mail. I understood your fears but if u pay through goods and services money will be on hold and will delay your shipping.
Thanks.
-------------

It sure would have helped to keep my personal contact info private if SS had sent me a note to me, not just banned him and left me to figure it out...or not.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks