WTB-MEP 802a

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

cbisson

I hope I'm not breaking the rules with my first post but there is no WTB section for generators. Apologies in advance if I am breaking the rules.

I'm looking for a MEP 802a in excellent condition. Excellent mechanically and not weathered and/or beat up. I have looked on GovPlanet etc and some of them seem pretty good but its hard to tell. Does anyone have one they're looking to sell or perhaps there is a place where you could recommend to buy one?

Thanks,

-Craig

cbisson

Steel soldiers has a want-to-buy section. I suspect a moderator will move this post there.

That said, you want green or tan? On a trailer or skid mounted?
Skid mounted for sure. Prefer tri-color camo given a choice but wouldn't let the color get in the way of the right unit/deal.

Thanks,

-Craig

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the nod jamawieb. I have already reached out to Craig on this :). I have a low hour unit that runs well and makes good power, but doesn't like to start like the rest of my machines. I am positive whomever it ends up going to, Steel Soldiers can be a valuable asset in getting it tweaked to optimum performance. I am tired of needlessly wrenching in my unheated garage during our cold winters up here. Its going to be a fine machine for someone though. I just am lucky enough right now to be able to choose NOT to freeze to my slab garage floor in January.

Last edited:

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I receive and ship MEP 803's and 802's that I repair on LTL freight on the east coast. Cheap when you crate them! I sent one to Maine for $200 from SC. They even load it for you if you pick up at a terminal.

Reactions: 98G

Ploughshares

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope I'm not breaking the rules with my first post but there is no WTB section for generators. Apologies in advance if I am breaking the rules.

I'm looking for a MEP 802a in excellent condition. Excellent mechanically and not weathered and/or beat up. I have looked on GovPlanet etc and some of them seem pretty good but its hard to tell. Does anyone have one they're looking to sell or perhaps there is a place where you could recommend to buy one?

Thanks,

-Craig
Hi Craig,

If you like PM me. Will put you in touch with a very reputable person who may have one. Thanks

cbisson

Hi Craig,

If you like PM me. Will put you in touch with a very reputable person who may have one. Thanks
Thank you for the reply and the offer to help. I was able to get what appears to be a never issued 8/2011 build from a member here. I just picked it up yesterday.

cbisson

I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for your help with finding an 802a. The search is over!

Yesterday I picked up from a member here a seemingly never issued 802a. It is an 8/2011 build with 6.4 hours. It has the ground rods and accessories, the printed TM still in the wrapper, etc and is as clean and new looking on the inside as can be. Going through the filter changes, oil change, fuel flush routine now and also am going to try and save the 2 Optima 51r batteries that are currently showing 1.6V.

Again, thanks to you all for helping me find one and for all the information here that will help me get her fired up and broken in properly.

-Craig

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks