• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB: MEP's.... 004A and 005A's

JamaicaWI

!! THIS IS MY FIRST POST !!
My apologies to all if this is wrong place but it has taken non-techie me about a week to even figure out how to make a post!!
From now on I will catch the hang of how navigating this board works!

Been buying from GSA and State Gov's for many years when I was actively in Towing and Salvage business but since "retiring" from that 14 years ago here in the St.Louis area I have specialized in a small way of just buying and selling Generators. Only discovered this web site a few months ago and have so enjoyed reading posts in numerous forums, especially the ones with the vehicles, the different "off road capable BIG ones and specialty work vehicles".

Promised my self 12 years ago I had to limit "my Hobby" to generators as I could concievably control it that way as funds and property restrictions dictate that I not let that hobby get as compulsive as my 2 oldest ones:
Motorcycles and BMW cars .... those hobbies date back 55 years and 25 years respectively and I am finally getting them under control and liquidating all but the special few models I just "can't live without !!"
This "hoarding" of things you like can really get out of hand when you have multiple properties with decent storage buildings and a couple small farms where the zoning laws allow you store stuff in the open air.

69 years old now and want to spend less time with material things BUT still I so love going to one of my shops and playing around "stuff".

!!BACK TO REASON FOR POST!!
I find I need/want to sell some of my bigger GenSets (nothing bigger than 100KW) and need to find some parts for the smaller MEP004A's and 005A's.
I have a couple Gensets that were not described correctly and turned out to be 400HZ when we retrieved them and I would like to find some comparable models to either use as parts or use my good engines, etc on those units and thereby making them useable/saleable as I now want to size down Hobby..

IF ANYONE can direct me to places to find this stuff AND/OR would be intersted in meeting in the StLouis area that would be great. I catually live across the river in Illinois and have 1 shop just a few miles from the Gateway Arch.

I not sure how PM's work :) but love Email or telephones.
NO DOUBT I'll be back here and hope for replies BUT anyone with hints or questions or want more info would be most welcome to direct Email me:
My longtime Email address is " JamaicaWI@aol.com " .... so shout at me there.
I usually access my Email at least once a day.

Most of my reading so far has been in the vehicle section and I have even copied down a dozen screen names of people in the Midwest USA but so far have not tried any direct contacting.... heck I finally after a week of attempting to post on my own begged my Techie wife to show me how !

Sure hope I don't lose this post as I have spent over an hour on it with 2 fingers and a thumb and then reading/rewording.... need to get some sleep as the sun is breaking the horizon and the weather is going to mild so it'll be a day at the shop with the Backhoe and I have help today doing some winterizing on buildinga nd storage trailers.

Not even going to reread agin!!

Helluvadeal, Frosty

Max respect to all here especially the veterans.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard.

I'll probably get hammered by some overly sensitive jackwad for pointing this out but you need to read the forum rules and follow them. You clearly violated the rules with your first post. No WTB posts in the open forums.

jeeplvr247

Welcome to the site. Be careful though, the MV world is highly addictive and there is no known cure. If you need parts you should just watch GL and pick up a couple cheap ones to strip for their working parts.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You have been given the basics, so I'll just add, most of the 400hz models have motor parts that are the same as the 60hz partz. Hope this helps with "up-keep". Everything that is electrical, like the gen-head and output box are not the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks