• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTH just found this

jasonjc

I was just out in the yard and found this. It has been sitting in the same spot for a year or two. It was fine last weekend. Glade I was not towing down the road.DSCN0145.jpgDSCN0149.jpgDSCN0150.jpgDSCN0151.jpgDSCN0147.jpgDSCN0148.jpgDSCN0146.jpg

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow lucky it was in your yard. Wonder how it could have snapped like that. Does it have weight on it?

jasonjc

DSCN0152.jpg
Any pressure from the hydraulics even when resting?
No pressure on the hydraulics. I thinking the lock bar on the left side (in the pic, right side of unit) the bolt the lock it down was broken off when I got it (rust). So I thinking it popped open and let that side down witch put a twisting bind/load on the pin at the box and it snapped. When it snapped it put even move twist/load on the other side and it broke too. All the rest of the thing is steel but those two casting that take most of the stain are cast aluinmum. When I was at Ft Bragg my plt sgt had the welding shop make some adapters for one of these too haul the big ISU 90 boxes. They broke the same part when we were unloading it off the boat in Port-au-Prince. I should have know better and fixed that bolt right a way or at lest put some big zip ties on it.