• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII Converto 1/2 ton airborne dump trailer

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Picked this jewel up yesterday, it's rusty but it's solid and 90% there, I have tailgate I just removed it on trip home because one of the brackets that holds it is broken. I think the bracket on the front top and two on the tailgate were added? but they looked to have the same color of paint as trailer body and it appears to only ever had one coat? When i get time i will take more photos and post them up. Started researching these and any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks Micro
converto trailer1.jpg

If any one has a couple 16" NDT tires that are no good for the road but have a little tread left on them please let me know.

armytruck63

A rental yard in Riverside, CA had one of these in their rental fleet a few years ago. It was rough, but still going out on the road at least every weekend and still earning its keep.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet Converto Microjeep. Googling "Converto Airborne Dump" turns up some tidbits. Plans for the tailgate used to be on the net somewhere, I have a hard copy if you need it. I was able to fabricate a tailgate for mine. As valuable as those trailers are, I would spring for some new rubber, 6.00-16 nondirectionals are not that expensive.

1crook

That is really cool. Looks to be pretty complete. Clinto and I had a chance to buy one a few years back, but it was a basket case. I am sure that this one will clean up nicely!

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for the info NDT and when I get started I might bug you for photos and a few measurements. I have the Tail gate its in good condition, plan to buy good tires eventually my projects take years just thought if someone had a couple rollers it would look better and maybe motivate me to move it up the project list. Yes Dawn it's 90% there the only part I really cant fabricate to look original is the lever to open Tail gate.

philbrinson

I have a Converto as well I restored many years back. A very handy trailer and much more usable than an MBT. The dump lever is available. If I can help, let me know!

Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks