• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM818 bed

mattgunguy

My XM818 mods & questions

Been done before, but this one is mine. So I'll share. Did a crew cab conversion a year or so ago on our deuce. Had the bed left over bed sitting around taking up space since. My ex-wife killed my goal of a small company with our XM818 for the next several years with an unforeseen custody case. Such is life sometimes.

Anyways, truck sitting around with no trailer to pull, & a bed collecting dust. Put two & two together to get a 818 cargo truck. Still plan on getting a trailer someday, so I did this without making any permanent mods. Removed the ramps, fifth wheel, deck plate, & the crap catcher behind the cab. I did drill 4 holes in the angel iron the fifth wheel mounted too bolt the bed to. The beds held down with the 4 bolts & 4 U-bolts. Had the chance to test it today. 100 mile drive to pick up 6 new tires. Thankfully the bed didn't fall off. Still need to do a few things. Relocate the mud flaps, reroute the passenger fuel tank lines, some kind of rear bumper, install some armor lights, rifle mount, desperate need of paint, a tach & fuel gauge that works, get roof on crew cab done finally. Ya know, the little things.

Attachments

Last edited:

mattgunguy

I like the 809's too. Would love to get an 813 someday. I'd like to get the motor & trany out of a 923a2 or a3 to put in this one. Try as i may, my wife just can't deal with a standard transmission

Last edited by a moderator:

mattgunguy

So a couple years back I bought one of those in cab weapons racks. The ones that come with a double that mounts on the dash & the one that's supposed to mount on the door. Long since put the double in the deuce & never used the door one. I'm wanting to use the door mount in the 818, but I've long since lost the instructions & the search function has failed me.

Can anyone point in the right direction, or have a picture?

mattgunguy

Couple of shut down solenoid questions. After reading a bunch of old threads, what actually shuts the engine down? Is it the main power switch or the ignition switch?
When we bought the truck, I smoked what I thought was the PCB. Been using the pull lever evet since. Got a new PCB over the weekend. Put it in last night, & there is absolutely no change. I tried the little screw on the solenoid itself, both all the way in & out. Didn't make a difference. The solenoid itself is maybe 2 years old. It was replaced with the injection pump March of 2015.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks