• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XXX on the WET side this past weekend.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that pesky lad -that goes by srodocker- was fishing for folks to come over to the XXX Rootbeer Drive-in in Issaquah for a car show to benefit the Northwest Burn Foundadtion. So the first thing I thought was road trip.:driver:
The show was for Emergency, Service & Military Vehicles.

So I bought some new tires for the car hauler, bled the brakes on the unimog fire truck and off I went on Saturday morning. 4 hour drive across the pass with snow flurries on top.

I met up with Scott/srodocker at Brad's place as he was getting his m35 ready for the parade at the parts yard. I tried and tried to squeeze some parts out of Brad. But as per usual he just wasn't having it. He would rather spend 5 gallons of old gas burning ants instead of selling me a 5 ton bumper.

Well about 6pm we packed it in for the day and I headed off to mMatts/us74k5 to pick up a roll of heat/sound insulation I bought from him 9 months ago. great guy. He was busy working on his truck when I pulled up.

After some chatting he had to get to work and I needed to get some rack time so off to the motel I went.

Early on Sunday morning I met up with Scott on one of the on ramps to HWY 167 and we headed off to meet Rydel/64c30 and other folks from the local MV club.

Rydel drives an awesome M814 long bed 5 Ton. Well, sad to say none of the other locals showed up, because it was raining (go figure) and they were driving jeeps. But Scotts dad showed up to drop of Tanner, scotts youngest brother, who was going to spend the day with us at the show.

Anyway about 9AM we go our little convoy rolling and headed up to Issaquah and met Northern members of the MV club for a picture on the lawn at the local park w/ boat ramp.

Then it was off to the XXX. Great place, great folks and great food. The show was pretty good too. At high noon all the vehicles with sirens did a 1 minute salute to honor the fire fighters that had fallen in service. I kept wondering what the folks on the interstate, just a few hundred feet away were thinking when they heard all of the sirens.. It was an awesome audible display.

Later Arron and Amber showe dup with some friends they were visiting in Seattle. About 3 Pm the show wrapped up and they gave out awards. I got a 'Best in Show ' Award for driving the furthest. Yippie for me!:jumpin:

Then as folks were packing up Matt/ (Username unknown ) showed up with his awesomely tricked out whistler deuce. Scott and I kept trying to say our good buy, but people that showed up late just kept talking out ears off.

When we finally got rid of the last 3 folks, I convinced the XXX owner to let Scot and I leave out rigs there, under their watchfull eyes, so we could run up to Arlington Heights WA to take a look at Kevin/Oso's M328 Bridging truck.

Well off Scott, Tanner and myself went. Oso had a monster of a beast. He jumpered out a relay and the old girl jumped to life. Shortly there after I was smitten and found a new project to bring home. So after some talking Kevin and I had a deal. So we exchanged information.

The Scott, Tanner and I hoped in the pickup an drow back to issaquah in the pouring rain. Getting back to our rigs at the XXX about 9PM. Scott scurried of to get Tanner home before his bed time, but not before saying if I picke dhte right weekend he would convoy over to the Dry side when I do the Bridging Truck Recovery. Then I headed back across the pass arriving back at the ranch about 1 in the morning.

What a great weekend. Here are some of my pictures, hopefully Scott and Rydel will post some of theirs.

Attachments

wsucougarx

Sorry man, would have made it up but it was on Sunday. When I'm not working that's the day I give to the BIG GUY UPSTAIRS. That is one great looking bridge truck!!! I've seen that beast on CL a few times here and there.

ABN173

Sounds like I missed a good time. I'm fighting a cold off so I opted out of this one. As we get closer to our deployment I find myself busier and busier at work so I will probably make Aaron's PNW event and that will be it for for awhile.

-Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks