• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yanmar L70 injector info Mep-016D

Ray70

Hello guys, looking for a little info on the Yanmar L70 in an MEP-016D.
I have a customer with 2 of them, both around 150 hours.
He lives off-grid and these are his sole power source. One of them cooked it's regulator so last week I did an sx460 replacement along with some other upgrades.
This morning he called to say his other machine died last.
So he brought down the dead one and picked up the repaired unit so at least he still has power.

When I tried to start the dead one it will run briefly whilest chugging black smoke then dies.
After pulling the injector, it looks like the injector is not popping correctly, it seems to open at an extremely low pressure and just squirt out fuel at low pressure.
If I hook it up to the pressure line and pull the rope starter slowly, fuel will almost just drip out. If I pull a little harder I will get 4 little weak streams of fuel and if I pull it hard I'll get 4 stronger streams, but it's not really popping at all.

The other odd thing is that it seems to be giving a spray of fuel with every revolution, not every other revolution.

Since My home made injector Pop tester is not set up to adapt to the yanmar injectors I will need to do that first, but also I can not find any good info on the pop pressure of these injectors.
I tried both the Mep016D TM supplement and internet search, but nothing so far. So I'm wondering if anyone knows the correct POP pressure?
I suppose the alternative is to just replace the injector since they are fairly cheap.

I already disassembled and cleaned the injector, but still no change in its performance, just squirts out fuel at low pressure.

Any help with the pressure setting or thought on the health of this injector would be appreciated.

Ray70

Correct, that is the Supplement I found that you put in the TM section, but it doesn't go very deep into repairing the Yanmar L70.
I ended up buying an injector for $35 today to try. Might be faster than trying to locate the right line to adapt my pop tester rig.
I have a feeling there is a piece of garbage in the tip that I can't get out that's holding the needle slightly open.

Guyfang

Staff member
Correct, that is the Supplement I found that you put in the TM section, but it doesn't go very deep into repairing the Yanmar L70.
I ended up buying an injector for $35 today to try. Might be faster than trying to locate the right line to adapt my pop tester rig.
I have a feeling there is a piece of garbage in the tip that I can't get out that's holding the needle slightly open.
This better?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks