• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet another FDC question!

Towerguy1

I will be bypassing my FDC for awhile while I collect parts and make time to repair it. As winter approaches it may be this way a few months.

My question. I understand that when bypassed the fuel pump should be turned down. How much to much is it. I don't trive the truck hard, but could use a little extra power now and then. Will it hurt to leave it, or is it to much.

This subject has been mentioned in the other posts, but I wouldn't mind haveing some more details on this aspect. Thanks.....

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
tough question as there seems to be a lot of variation between different member's trucks. I bypassed mine and could tell a difference. I installed a pyrometer and it is still well in the safe zone ( the highest Ihave gotten it up to is 1050) I plan on turning it up a little more.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may have injector issues Joel, pull one and have it checked for spray pattern etc.
Bypassing the FDC will increase your fuel delivery. Look for previous posts for amount of adjustment, not sure, 1/2 to 1 turn?

jasonjc

My new M109 came with the FDC bypassed,and does not seem to have had the pump adjusted. It can get up to 1150-1200 going up a long steep hill with the peddel to the floor. Now with "normal" driveing its 600-1000. With a lot move get up and go. I've bypassed my M35 but have not gotten the pyro on it yet, But there is a big difrance in power.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks