• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

YS Carburetor for A1

dodjh

After cranking and idling, (which is no problem) if I press the gas pedal a little more the engine starts to die. If I hold it there it will die.

If I push more it catches and runs fine. The rpms just past idle, 700 - 800, is where it pulls down.

So if I remove my foot from the accelerator pedal and just let the jeep pull, it's fine. But if I start idling up a hill and need more fuel, when l press the accelerator just a little to make it up, it will start to die until I push the pedal and give it more fuel than is needed.

I have two inline filters, 1 before the fuel pump and one between fuel pump and carburetor. They both fill up with fuel.

What is causing this?

Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needs a kit. Make sure you probe out all the drilled passages throughout the body. I suspect one of the diaphragms in the lower body is stuck or punctured.

dodjh

Needs a kit. Make sure you probe out all the drilled passages throughout the body. I suspect one of the diaphragms in the lower body is stuck or punctured.

There was a kit put in it about 7 to 8 months ago, but I agree it has to be a diaphragm or a clogged jet. The fuel tank does have some particles in it which show up in the first fuel filter sometimes. The jeep will die when that filter is plugged up and I have to remove the line and use compressed air or mouth and blow back through the fuel tank. This time I noticed the second filter, between the fuel pump and carburetor, had some black stain on the inside side of the filter. Some trash must have gotten past it into the carburetor.

If trash made it to the 2nd fuel filter wouldn't there be trash in the fuel pump?

Thank you for your insight and feedback.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks