• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yukon Lockers. Found a good deal.

Josh

Through a friend of mine, I found a gentlemen over on pirate that can get the Yukon lockers cheaper then anywhere else I looked. Im planing on buying a set in the near future, but He just quoted me $1040 for 3 lockers shipped to my door:shock:. Everywhere else I looked a set of 3 was over 1200 bucks not including shipping. If ya want the info on how to contact him, send me a PM. Id post it here, but I dont know if that would turn it into a sale ad, even though I have no fiscal relationship with the seller.:jumpin:

s1036s

Wouldnt this be a good setup....
Locker on rear rear axle
Welded front rear axle
welded front axle
Lockouts on front and front rear axles.

Trying to figure the best way to spend the 1000 bucks or so. Lockers on all axles would be good, but would it make driving a little more complicated. Both rear axles locked...
Just thinking, but pirate4x4 is a good site for any rockwell axle accessories. Good fine on those lockers as well...

hdmax

to each his own, but you are talking another $800 bucks with one set of lockers, and two sets of lockouts.

I would never weld up the axles on a road worthy truck. If I were building it for off road ONLY, then yes, even then I would weld up the rears, and a locker on the front!

Wouldnt this be a good setup....
Locker on rear rear axle
Welded front rear axle
welded front axle
Lockouts on front and front rear axles.

Trying to figure the best way to spend the 1000 bucks or so. Lockers on all axles would be good, but would it make driving a little more complicated. Both rear axles locked...
Just thinking, but pirate4x4 is a good site for any rockwell axle accessories. Good fine on those lockers as well...

s1036s

With lockouts there wouldnt be any force on the gears all the time. Highway driving would be solely off of the rear rear axle. But I understand what you guys are saying.

PropDr

From personal past experience I don't recommend them for either off road or highway use.
Lincoln lockers don't last and when they fail (usually at the worst possible time) they frag and take out the rest of the chunk. Besides spools are available for less than lockers.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember folks, lockers that are not under power, don't lock unless they are broken. A locker in a front axle that isn't powered will be invisible as far as driving goes.

whyme

how is driveability with these in the rears? honestly i like the idea but ideally id like a selectable locker like the ARB, however the cost is kinda prohibitive on those.

i dont need the locker but i have been stuck and would have liked it at that time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks