• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front mini light kit lights

vbrescueman

some kind of lights in the back isn't such a bad idea. A friend of mine was catching up to me on the way to work ( at 530 am) couldn't see me but he did hear me... that flat green absorbs what little light was out ther including his headlights... just food for thought.
Doc

houdel

Bjorn - I agree, some pics of the installation would be nice. That sounds like a good safety upgrade. From where do you power the marker lights? From the headlamp circuit, or have you repowered the front park lamps to light up whenever the headlamps are on?

On a totally unrelated note, I noticed the remote oil filter in your pic. As I recall, you mentioned the filter was plumbed up with hydraulic hose. That seems like overkill for a lube system that puts out 120 PSI max. Wouldn't high temp rubber oil line hose be a better choice, or even nylon 11 tubing?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I bought my truck as a cab & chassis It had them in the front(actually it had one of the mounts in the front and holes where the other one had been).

I think is makes a big difference especially on a vehicle painted a flat dark green.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some images of the marker lights.
They are wired to the front composite light assy. Note the extra separate ground and the use of "star" washers.
I'm following through on the XM757 also.

Lee, the hydraulic hose may be on overkill at 1,250 psi, but 5 to 10x the rating is pretty normal for mil spec assemblies. If I were to keep this installed for years, rubber hoses with hose clamps wouldn't do it for me. Bottleworks decided on the hydraulic hose also.
Nylon tubing with compression fittings? Don't think so.

What are the peak pressures encountered in the oiling system anyway? I want to be on the safe side.

BTW, the "hydraulic" hoses on my crane are rated 4,000 plus psi.

Attachments

jwaller

I thought I'd post up the pics of my clearance light install. The brackets come off bride trucks. and yes there are kits the military has to install them that come with all the wires and connectors and everything.

My truck had 1 light in the middle of the bed but I thought I'd add a few more for safety.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The internet?

jwaller

Ferroequinologist said:
So cranetruck, are both lights markers? I would love to do that same setup but make one a marker and the other the turnsignal.
on bjorn's truck one is a marker and one is a turn signal. I will be doing the same thing to mine with an additional plate under the current one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks