• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NO LONGER Wrecked wrecker

jamesfrom180

After those comments and the keeping it between the poles I can't help but think of those big hands at college football games behind the goal post. Glad you didn't go wide right!!! Just Ironic that the school zone light was on too.

citizensoldier

It WILLl be there, though NOT with NDTs on the front, speaking of tires, what is the heighth of the tires off a 915/916/920, will thay match 1200 ndts
WOW! This could have been much worse and I am glad your ok and the truck is fixable. I think the truck tires you mention are 24" rims but Dave P has a set on his M819 and they fit good and are nice and tall like the 1200/20's. They have the nice road style Michelin tires mounted on them and have about the same clearance between the rear springs and inside tire as the 1200/20 NDTs. A set of these would be well worth the investment for sure in my opinion. 819's have such a high center of gravity and are heavy.. NDT's just dont like anything over 35MPH loaded..And we all know the traction is crap.
Lane

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of replacing 12.00-20 NDTs I think the closest in O.D. would be a 11.00R20 radial or a 14.5R20 (= 365/85R20). Loaded radius might be a tad smaller for the radials, at equal TP.
Next bigger size are 12.00R20s, but that would be about +1" compared to the the original NDT's.
I see no problem in running radials on the front axle only.

G.

jasonjc

Not shure about the size thing, but I run XL's on the front of 2 of my truck's and NDT on the back. I like it that way my self. And I know of other that run OTR's tires on the front.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about a 11.00/24.5? 24.5 wheels are everywhere that will fit a 5-ton pattern and I think they are going to be close to the same height.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
M916/M920's use 11.00x24's, 47" OD.

Andy
Well that kills that idea, 1200s are 44" OD FUUK

what would a set of 12 tires and rims from a 915/916/920 cost me, how well would thay work on the 819, just a thought

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, I told you at the rally, I am looking for a full set of rims and tires of an M916, for my M819.

47" would be nice, you could get more big air, with a front blowout doing 65-70 mph!

Anyone parting out one of those big monsters with a full nice set of tires?

I was recently bidding on a M915, just for the tires, it fell through. Still looking

Be carefull, some M915's still have tubed tires.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
DH--"47 would be nice, you could get more big air, with a front blowout doing 65-70 mph"
don't think my heart can stand just roading 65-70 mph, flying at 60 cost me a seat cushion, 65-70 would cost me the WHOLE seat, frame and all, rip it right off the floor

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, but with some self control, the reduced RPMs at 55 mph, would be real nice!

I wonder how many of these guys trying to go faster in MV's, with OD gears or bigger tires, are reconsidering, after seeing what happened to your truck after a blowout.

I wonder how many of these guys have experienced a blowout on any large truck...

Also, remember, there was a MWO(m w o 9 - 2 3 2 0 - 2 6 0 - 3 0 - 1) for the M819, it recieved a new front hub, rims, and tires, the new tires were 2 plys heavier than the NDTs.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump, I added the MWO to the post above.

jasonjc

Does any one know why the M819 gets this and not the M816???? I'm thinking the only thing on the hub is the "pin" to keep from putting another tire/wheel on be mistake???

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New inner and outer bearings also.

also consider Ron was going twice the allowable speed, without the WMO.

the maximum highway speed is restricted to 30 mph

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks