• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel lifespan

What is the life of a multifuel motor or how many miles can you get out of one before rebuild is it like a regular diesel motor were you can get 300,000 or 500,000 out of them with regular mantianance? Thanks Kenneth

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've put 44k on mine. I don't know how many hours though. I had to replace a broken tach. With regular oil changes and some TLC i don't see why a few hundred K would be a problem.

M35A2

Considering my Land Rover Defenders 2.5 NA Diesel has 160,000 miles on it and she still runs very well with not much smoke when warm, I reckon those big engines should last for years.

We have some old trucks at work (DAF with Daf engine and ERF with Cummins engine) that have done about a million miles and the fitters have told me that hardly any have been re-built. We only have about half a dozen of these old tractors now. I know the Dafs are showing 600,000 miles, and they have already been round the clock!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks