• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center bearing (drive shaft to carrier) neede...!

goat whisperer

Hi...
yesterday I took the goat for a ride. Suddenly there was a smell of burnt rubber. I thought I had a flat tire but... it was the center bearing of the drive shaft. The rubber was gone, totally burnt... I disconnected the drive shaft from the rear diff and went home. Now I have to replace the bearing...

Does anyone know where to get that complete bearing or
does someone have one for sale? :-?

hemichallenger

You should be able to get one at a heavy truck parts store. Take yours with you so it can be sized up. You should also be able to get one at a drive line shop if all else fails.

goat whisperer

You should be able to get one at a heavy truck parts store. Take yours with you so it can be sized up. You should also be able to get one at a drive line shop if all else fails.
I might be able to get the bearing in Germany, but the outer ring, made of rubber, should be a very special part...!?
I´m talking about part no. 4 at the attached pic.

Attachments

hemichallenger

Most all center bearings come as 1 piece. You get the hanger, rubber and bearing all as one. They will need center hole size and the bolt hole center to center to match it up.