• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center mount Turbo M1008

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How is the intake drone/noise with the Donaldson air filter? I'm not impressed with the S&B 6.5 intake I put on, granted it is better than the stock N/A 6.2 drone but still gets annoying.

87cr250r

I have not insulated my cab yet so all I hear is the rattle from the back of the engine. With that said, I don't notice any drone. The air filter housing doesn't have any noise baffles or anything but it does have a primary and backup element as well as pre-swirl separators so there are a few places where muffling does happen. I don't get any noise from the turbo in the cab so it must be doing a decent job muffling things.

Adding a cross-over to the exhaust converting to a single pipe will make a huge difference in drone as well.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. I have a side mount turbo’d 6.5 so exhaust wise it should be set there.

Those Donaldson filter assemblies actually seem reasonably priced too. Is there a specific orientation they have to be or can it be rotated 90 degrees?

87cr250r

It has a duckbill valve for draining water. So they have to be oriented accordingly. Good news, they can be ordered with both orientations.

I think I went with the D080056 V. They're only rated for 50hp but that gives room for clogging. The housings are $150 with filter.

The rest of the intake is just silicone elbows and aluminum tube from Amazon/eBay.

The Powercore filters start on page 34.