• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1008 Build

cucvrus

Back in the day when I serviced and worked on the trucks there was a plastic gauge that you attached to the valve shaft, and it fit into a hole on the lever. You left that attached until the load sensing valve was install and then you cut the plastic and the valve was set and ready to go. I have retained that valve on all the CUCV trucks I owned and reinstalled a few on other trucks. It was a true anti-lock brake system without the electronics. It sensed the amount of weight in the bed and applied more hydraulic brake pressure as the weight increased. I had a large salt spreader in the bed most of the winter and on snow and ice with the sensor not operating the rear brake would lock when the truck was empty. Thus, I reinstalled another valve and that problem went away. I am just explaining the part that is no longer available from GM to set the valve. Good Luck. I got work to do. Be Safe.

Finnegan1008

D
Back in the day when I serviced and worked on the trucks there was a plastic gauge that you attached to the valve shaft, and it fit into a hole on the lever. You left that attached until the load sensing valve was install and then you cut the plastic and the valve was set and ready to go. I have retained that valve on all the CUCV trucks I owned and reinstalled a few on other trucks. It was a true anti-lock brake system without the electronics. It sensed the amount of weight in the bed and applied more hydraulic brake pressure as the weight increased. I had a large salt spreader in the bed most of the winter and on snow and ice with the sensor not operating the rear brake would lock when the truck was empty. Thus, I reinstalled another valve and that problem went away. I am just explaining the part that is no longer available from GM to set the valve. Good Luck. I got work to do. Be Safe.
Do these valves have a service life? Is there an aftermarket solution for replacement? I would imagine neglected brake systems can have these valves seize up and loose functionality.

also is there a way to confirm it’s adjusted properly?

cucvrus

Like I mentioned the gauge to set them up is discontinued. I saved a few with all the brackets attached so the gauge is not required to install them. Many I seen not working were bent and rusted off. Most times the only malfunctioning ones were on lifted trucks. Have Great Day. Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks