• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HUGE Military Vehicle auction in Nebraska June 29th 2006

deuceman51

Disaster with my computer not liking the SS forum. I can't get any of the pics to load on the site. Sorry guys. I did not get a chance to look over that semi trailer, the red m35 is like most other trucks there, rusted and many parts missing. The winches were not too bad, thats probably what I will be going down there for along with the trailers. Can't say if they would run, they have been sitting for awhile in the dirt.

citizensoldier

Skunked again but oh well..

Well guys a friend of mine traveled to this auction and kept me informed while it was going on. All the M37 stuff went for very high prices, with the deal of the day being a M725 ambulance that you could have put gas in and drive home for $1500. They had several WWII CCKW's that I was out bid on along with a WWII International 6x6. One cool thing that I would have loved to buy was a WWII Pacific Dragon Wagon. It went for $4700. Any of you guys the ones that bought it?
I hope to see some M135 and M211 parts on the market soon because there was about 50 of those in veriouse stages.
There was some very cool and rare stuff at this yard and I hope it all did not go for scrap.
Any of you guys go? Or purchase anything? :lol: :oops: :cry: :wink: :)

deuceman51

I opted not to attend because I was working that day and I didn't get the bank letter of credit crap done in time. I would really like to know what the trailers and some of the M135s brought if anyone knows. Does anybody know what the tulsa winches went for? I'm not sure about that one being a WWII pacific. It is definately the same type of truck, but if you look at pics of a WWII M 26 pacific the body looks different than that one. I thought it was possibly a post war model or the series that took the M26's place. Most of the CCKWs were junk, meaning all bent up, welded on, missing parts, and very rusted. I looked at them all. One of the locals told me that he had two DUKWs there in the yard awhile ago, but they were gone and someone said that before the auction that they sold them off. You could tell that about half of this yard was missing vehicles just by the places in the ground you could tell something sat. I might be happy that I didn't go and saved milage and lost wages for the day, but I might also have missed some great deals. Sounds like anything worth anything brought good money.

TacticalTruck

I managed to get registered on line. I talked the gril in the office into approveing me without the letter of credit. I was mainly interested in the M916. I watched part of the auction live on line which worked pretty well but I did not get the M916. It went for $5200 which may have been a deal but w/o seeing it myself and it being so far away I had to pass. The winches went for $900 or so. Seems like everthing brought a few hundred and all the busses brought a grand a piece, must have been the aluminum. I'm still registered and can check prices on certian items. The girl also said she would pass my info off to any high bidder whos item I might be interested in.
Jeff

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am curious too. I have never seen a 2.5 ton dump before. anyone know what they went for? :cry: