• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lock for the battery switch

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I wanted to lock my truck that would prevent it from disappearing one night. I know I could lock the steering column but I saw that the battery switch was also able to accept a lock. So I played around and found that most locks had a shackle that was too large to fit through the holes. I found one at Home Depot that could fit through the holes and also had a shackle that was wide enough to fit over the switch.

20191214_155244.jpg

This lock has a 5mm shackle and it is a little loose in the holes for the battery switch. I think a 6mm would also fit but I could not find a lock with that size shackle. I did try a 7mm shackle and it is too large to fit through the holes.

I understand that it would be easy to break the lock but it least it will stop most people.

I can sleep better now.

Jon

Last edited:

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed this message to say battery switch instead of battle switch even though in the manual I thought it referred to the switch as battle. And here is a photo:

20191220_173318.jpg

The lock is black and the switch is black so it is hard to see when the lock is turned to the side. Below, I turned the lock so you can see it but I try to keep it turned to the side so it is hard to notice.

20191220_173332.jpg