• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics with yours m880’s in the service

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was searching "M880" and saw this older post .. I have some pics of M880's in the service that were sitting in a motor pool and a few out on dirt roads wherever .. However they were never "mine." Officers and senior NCO's nabbed them up quick .. When I was active, I only got to drive a M880 once, specifically, 12 hours one night driving around and around and around and around the perimeter of an ammo dump during a brigade exercise.. It was pretty much a brand-new truck and rode 500% better than a M37.. I also learned that night I could pick up a couple TV stations with a Prick77 ;) .. Later, during many years in the nat'l guard, I only got to drive one once for a few hours on a task.. Otherwise, it was either a jeep or a 5-ton depending on the tasks .. And I had NEVER seen nor knew the existence of M890's during all those years .. Owning both an M880 and M890 in recent decades, I just love them