• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Receiver Hitch for M35A2

toddm

I spent about three hours Friday making this receiver hitch for my Duece. I think it turned out pretty good. My son and I installed it yesterday. I think building the hitch was easier than installing it. :D :D

Attachments

toddm

I fabbed it up to fit the frame at a total of 34" wide. The two angle pieces are 1/4 inch 3" x 3" and are 22" long. The cross pieces are 2" 1/4 inch wall square tubing 27.75 inches long, two of them. I used 2" x 4" 1/4 inch wall tubing 18.5 inches long for the receiver support. I added a few more 2"x2" pieces as needed for support and a total of 6 gussets. The actual receiver plate I got off of a junk truck. Thanks Todd

Attachments

toddm

Actually, it was really pretty easy to fabricate as now we have a large wire welder at work that I can use. I would put the cost of materials at around $100 or so. Would say I have about 4.5 hours into it total.

Lex_Ordo

That is an awsome fabricatrion!
I will need to configure a lower receiver mount as well, since the 1/4 ton trailer I have levels at about 20".

I can't do that ind of work, and if I didn't know better, I would've guessed that yours was made using special factory tooling.

Flea

Looks REALLY beefy! Nicely done!

Now I know how to hang my receiver this week when it gets here. Good idea with the straps. [thumbzup]

toddm

Thanks for the encouraging words, the wire welder makes easy work, making nice, strong welds. I used to use my old Lincoln stick welder, it got the job done, but I didn't always like the finished product. Thanks Todd Martin