• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sand ladders

Jones

Looks like the modern version of PSP (perforated steel plate/plank) That's what all the runways in the Pacific were built with during WW2. Handy stuff to have a few sheets of for those outings in the wild.

cbvet

There was a LOT of PSP used in 'Nam too. In fact every SEABEE, whether a carpenter or a heavy equipment operator, had to practice laying the stuff for emergency runway & road repairs. It's really great stuff as it interlocks on all 4 sides.
I've tried to locate some since then, but no luck.
Eric

rizzo

cbvet said:
There was a LOT of PSP used in 'Nam too. In fact every SEABEE, whether a carpenter or a heavy equipment operator, had to practice laying the stuff for emergency runway & road repairs. It's really great stuff as it interlocks on all 4 sides.
I've tried to locate some since then, but no luck.
Eric
I've seen it on a surplus site, but can't remember where. I would like some to(cheaper than these sand ladders) I will post it if I find it.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter

cbvet

Looking at some of the pictures, I see there is a difference between "landing mats" & military PSP. Note that the PSP interlocks on all 4 sides. Has very little tendenct to shift once a few are hooked together.
For getting unstuck it probably doesn't make any difference which you use.
I plan to get some for the MV parking area at our VFW.
I wish I could find some in the northern Indiana/Chicago area.
Thanks for all the source info.
Eric