• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simple Deuce question regards wheels

BaconFarms

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone,

A simple question, please don't read anything into my discription.

With ONLY the frame and axles and steering components of my 1950 REO Deuce with a single rear axel, will a 16R20 on a 12 bolt MRAP wheel, with plate adapter clear everything? I am talking without the body or fenders on. Single axle rear with flipped hubs. All I can see/read so far is them hitting the steering arm, is that correct?

Again, for this question, I am not concerned with cab, fenders, engine, exhaust etc., etc....

I have to travel 3 hours tomorrow to pick up a generator and will be driving past a place that sells the 12 bolt rim. I have the tires already. These rims are 1/4 the price of the 7" offset PLS rims and my plan is to pick 4 up.

Thanks for the help,

BaconFarms

Attachments

Last edited:

BaconFarms

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stopped and picked up 4 wheels and 4 new o-rings today. $50.00 and $12.50, each accordingly. I'll work on buying adapters this winter.

Pictures enclosed,

BaconFarms

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
16.00R20 tires won’t fit on a stock Deuce, unless you do some serious sheet metal trimming & extend rear tandem suspension dogbones so tires won’t rub treads. A company used to offer an 8-inch lift kit for bobbed Deuces to clear 16.00s (Black Rock Fab? Can’t remember…).

395s are the tallest tire to fit those wheels that will work on a stock Deuce.

As you mentioned, without body parts mounted the 16.00s *MIGHT* fit, but the offset on those steel MRAP wheels places the tires so far inboard that it will be difficult to steer.