• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From fire truck to MTV

Skyhawk13205

Got the main electricals mounted. The batteries (3x 24V LiFePO4 victron, 15.3kWh) will be underneath the inverter/chargers.

View attachment 920695

I think this will be the location for the water heater and fresh water tank.
View attachment 920694

Someone asked a while ago, this is with the cab tilted and it's door closed. It has a seal all the way around.
View attachment 920696

Hydronic heater mounted with it's expansion tank.

View attachment 920697

Diesel fuel pickup for the heater installed. Nice that there was already a standpipe in the tank at the secondary port. Made for a very easy install.
View attachment 920698
your install of the heater looks nice, I installed mine in a box near the top of the camper. The head/suction pressure for the fuel was to high so I used a faucet lift pump off the troop heater to lift up to a fuel filter module and took the fuel off the return via a T fitting, for some reason the dosing pumps cannot work against any fuel pressure. The system works great now, it heats up my camper in less than 10min even in -10F. WhenI had a cold snap of -10 to -15 I got the temp up to 80F inside the camper.

my suggestion is to verify the fuel lift to your heater. It is prob within the correct range, if not it might be temperamental to keep running.
58D84A2B-19CC-44DD-A2D9-E3AA7743189F.jpegDB62796F-4614-43C5-A17C-7417DBB32E34.jpegE9806736-5D57-456C-9826-2A53D72B7BCB.jpegF1092EE2-17AA-4125-B353-921C16F49F09.jpeg

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
your install of the heater looks nice, I installed mine in a box near the top of the camper. The head/suction pressure for the fuel was to high so I used a faucet lift pump off the troop heater to lift up to a fuel filter module and took the fuel off the return via a T fitting, for some reason the dosing pumps cannot work against any fuel pressure. The system works great now, it heats up my camper in less than 10min even in -10F. WhenI had a cold snap of -10 to -15 I got the temp up to 80F inside the camper.

my suggestion is to verify the fuel lift to your heater. It is prob within the correct range, if not it might be temperamental to keep running.
View attachment 925021View attachment 925022View attachment 925023View attachment 925024
I was careful to be within the pump requirements, but will keep this in mind!

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the truck out on another test, this time steep hills and lots of narrow roads. Took the kids biking and some other fun activities as it was their first day off from school.
Welded a hitch on so I could fit the bike rack. Working out well so far and it very much out of the way.
Pulling hills, I don't know the grade but was dropping speed I couldn't do more than 28 mph in 4th (C7 330hp, Eco hubs, guessing around 30klbs). Foot to the floor for a couple minutes, fan finally turned on near the top of the hill - 70f ambient.

Attachments

Skyhawk13205

Took the truck out on another test, this time steep hills and lots of narrow roads. Took the kids biking and some other fun activities as it was their first day off from school.
Welded a hitch on so I could fit the bike rack. Working out well so far and it very much out of the way.
Pulling hills, I don't know the grade but was dropping speed I couldn't do more than 28 mph in 4th (C7 330hp, Eco hubs, guessing around 30klbs). Foot to the floor for a couple minutes, fan finally turned on near the top of the hill - 70f ambient.
I did a drive last week, though a pass, most of the tractors pulling doubles were going about 30mph, other trucks pulling boats were doing 45-50, I had a 1078 3126 275hp weight at 20k eco hubs, going about 55-60. The calibration or adaptation seems to not have a kickdown. When the throttle is full open at high rate the transmission does not downshift, it seems to stay in the same gear, I end up having to let of the accelerator then manually downshift to 3rd or 4th to get a better range, if the truck losses momentum to much it has a hard time getting back to 55-60. You could get the 370HP rerate to get better performance. A member here does them.