• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the old truck on down to the local Dept. of Forestry and got it inspected, stickered and ready for another fire season .

1963 Studebaker M50 has been a water truck it's entire life, everybody loves it and so do I, getting paid to drive it and allow it to continue to do what it was born to do is a nice bonus !

😊 🇺🇸

20240525_141654_HDR.jpg

ToddJK

Swapping out head gaskets on mine now. Was leaking oil really bad, would leak around a gallon per week and that's driving it three to four times around 120-140 miles/week. With the heads off, there was lots of build up around the injector nozzles, but the pistons looked great, the cylinder sleeves looked good too with no scoring or any signs of hard/abnormal wear. I did notice too, that it looked like one of the fire rings did not completely seal as I can see the soot mark on the head, which I'm wondering if that was contributing to my blow-by. Have the new gaskets on now and the heads are on but still needs to be torqued down and everything reinstalled. I have to say though, it's going by very smoothly unlike the first time I did it around 10 years ago when I melted a piston and everything in my other deuce.

Attachments