• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

002 permanent mount

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting ready to permanently mount Mep-002a have plenty of room and will be located at an outside service disconnect.
Considering PT deck construction to elevate for easier servicing of unit. Any thoughts or pics of other permanent mounts.

robertsears1

I have noticed that my 002 vibrates much more that my 003 or 804a&b generators. This is probably due to only having two cylinders. Consideration as to vibration and fastners will be key. I wonder if a deck would tend to amplify the noise.

Robert

Last edited:

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will be far enough away and will probably end up with partial cover as well. Some one posted vibration dampers awhile back wish I save the Intel!!!

Guyfang

Staff member
Put some rubber mat between the lifting shackles and the frame. If they are not rusted in place, they can sometimes rattle badly. If I he control panel cover is missing the rubber bumper, and you leave it open, can also rattle. It is little things, but can drive you insane. Unless you hav listened to them day in, day out for weeks and months, it dosn't sound like a big deal.

Guyfang

Staff member
Been married 42 years.
I wear two hearing aids.
Its much easyer to control unwanted noise from a gen set, then a woman.
Battery removal works in both cases.
At last, something positive comes from screwing up my hearing!

Bmxenbrett

If you use PT wood get the ground contact stuff. Most of it isnt rated for that. Pouring a slab or making a gravel pad is easier than finding ground contact stuff here.

My 802 is on a 1 1/2 stone gravel pad 8x21ft.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thoughts of putting it on a deck is to get it off the ground for ease of servicing and to partially enclose