• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/2 or 3/4 ton front lift springs?

militarycucv

i have a 4" lift on my m1008, but when i ordered it i got the 3/4 ton front springs and now i wish i had bought the 1/2 ton springs because this thing can get pretty wild in the woods. But my question is will the 1/2 ton front springs work well with the 6.2? Im lookin into buying the tuff country EZ ride springs part# 18470 to give me more flex than my very rigid rough country springs.

By the way this doesnt haul anything more than a quad so payload isnt an issue.

any help is appreciated guys! [thumbzup]

Cucvnut

if your going wheeling i really don't think it matters. have you broken in your current springs ? if you buy new springs look at BDS they have a no small print warranty aka the spring breaks you get a new one for free from them

militarycucv

i havent broken a spring yet but i only had the truck in the woods 4 times but my bottom leaf (shortest one) is twisted sideways a bit already. Are those bds springs better than tuff country in terms of articulation? thanks, Adam.

Cucvnut

My bottom spring would do the same thing just use a hammer and put it back in place. As for the BDS springs everything I have read about them says they are great.