• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/2" wire rope open spelter socket for M936A2 crane

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The picture tells the story. I didn't do this abomination. Got it this way and need to fix it.
Sad to say it looks like you need the same information that I got last week. Search for "ESMET" ( the connecter you need) with the search function. Bummer. You are also going to need a link to the place to get one. PDF on how to install and their website is on the 2 Page PDF.

Winch Cable End ESMET @ElectroLine industrial clevis socket fittings.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: 98G

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
For future reference

The spelter socket can be found from Crosby in model G-416 . Part number 1039655

Reactions: 98G

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
For future reference

The spelter socket can be found from Crosby in model G-416 . Part number 1039655
Wes, Is the Crosby product easier to install or maybe more durable? It definitely looks like it would be a little shorter "top to bottom" maybe giving you another couple of inches of liftable height...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes, Is the Crosby product easier to install or maybe more durable? It definitely looks like it would be a little shorter "top to bottom" maybe giving you another couple of inches of liftable height...
Crosby is the name in rigging. With a 4 to 1 ratio for failure rate.

I prefer the swage sockets. They are the easiest to install

charlesmann

I had to cut some cable off my front winch bc it had some severe strand breakage. I will be getting some of the crosbys, bc those factory swedges SUCK!!!!!!!! to put back together. I know i didnt put it back properly and im sure if i snatched it, the cable would come back at me. I did single line it, had my wife stand on the brakes of my tractor while winching in, to provide tension, but also to tug test the connector. Dead drag of around 12,000# and luckily, nothing came apart.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Cable clamps work perfectly fine and are safe. Been using them for 2yrs. Cables generally cause the failure on the sockets and on the clamps.

Mine with clamps Lifts the front of a 916 up over 3ft to get it on a trailer and will lift the whole rear end of a HET off the ground. Even the front of the HET and drag it without issue.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks