• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1.5kW generator

JasonS

I have one of the 1.5kW generators with the 2 cylinder engine. It is a bear to start cold (apparently common) and is obnoxiously loud. It is also quite large for it's power output. Based on my experience with it and it's lack of a circuit breaker, the output is intentionally limited by the voltage regulator. I've got several regulators that I have bench tested and tested in the generator with the same results. The output voltage tapers off as you exceed 1.5kw but the engine has plenty of throttle/ power left. Has anyone tried an aftermarket universal regulator to increase the output? I hate to put much money into it when I can get a highly regarded and cheap chinese 3.5kW for $300.

Anybody interested in one running and one parts generator?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey now, that 1.5 is a bad little son of a gun . . . I ran my house for a week during hurricane Ike including the fridge, washer, dryer (gas), all lights, tv, etc. (not all at the same time). Never missed a beat, not bad for a 1964 generator I thought . . . Used 3 gallons every 24 hours. Give her a squirt of either and she will bust off really easy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you think the 1.5 could run power tools, like a circular saw, grinder, etc...?
Sure would. Had no problems starting my 5000BTU window shaker in the 318 shelter. The wrap and hope starting configuration is the achilles heel of this cute little 2 cylinder genset.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks