• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1 M1009 and two M35A2's in two days

davidkroberts

Well the trip started the day before yesterday in west tennessee going to ft sill oklahoma to pick up a M1009 I had won. I couldnt find anyone to go with me so I was going to flat-tow it back with a towbar. After a long but enjoyable trip I got to the GL Lot on Ft Sill. Great experience with Nancy she was very helpful. I havent run accross the GL Lot nightmare guy yet i always seem to get the nice ones.

The truck was in running driving shape and only seems to have a power steering pump problem/seal/leak issue that needs ironed out. The one time i go to get a truck from GL without someone and i get one that runs and drives. I didnt even have to switch batteries.... unreal huh.

One the way up Eric from Hotshot Transport (forum member) said he had arranged pickup at warner robbins for two M-35's im restoring for a buddy of mine in afgansian.
I gave my CC number out while on the way so i could get the deposit taken care of and made plans with getting it shipped with the carrier a few hours later.

After installing the towbar and getting the driveshaft pulled i started home. No issues whatsoever pulling with the Wrangler. This is the second one ive pulled back and have never had a problem. if was thinking i would have installed feet on the Wrangler and pulled it back with the 1009. Wouldnt have had to stop three times for fuel that way maybe.

I got in about 8 oclock yesterday night and got up at 7. Ran to the bank to get the cash to pay the driver and unloaded Sam's two M-35A2 trucks he had bought. One threw a rod before i had gotten it but the other runs like a top. Im going to have to service the brakes on both but other than the motor things are looking good.

The Thunderbird pulled in next to me when i was getting gas. Not a military vehicle but its just too pretty not to share.

So after getting three trucks in two days im still waiting for another two of mine at Wright Patterson that will ship next week sometime.....

This is way more fun than working in iraq or afganistan, should have done this years ago..........:driver:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks