• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 driving through a ditch

rizzo

DavidWymore said:
Try it with a locker in the front and some 395/85/16 XMLs
haha just bought a locker. I havnt picked it up yet. the seller bought it for some rockcrushers with 4:10 gearset. he says it will work with the 4.56's in the 1008.

he has two rockcrusher housings for sale if anyone is interested

DavidWymore

I had a 4.10 locker I was gonna use. Didn't fit. The carrier split is between 4.10 and 4.56. Can be done with a ring gear spacer, but it's not recommended.

Pirate4x4.com and ck5.com have good info on building these trucks. They can be pretty unstoppable.

I have an 88 K5 blazer and my brother has an '81 K10 stepside, both with locked one tons and 38" XMLs, crossover steering w/ hyd assist. They work pretty good.

rizzo

???? DTS says the only thick gears they have are reverse cut. I told them the story. they said make sure it is the right spline also they come in 3 sizes. any idea on what spline the 08 is?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just checked, they are 1 1 /2" but an odd pitch 30 spline. Still strong as can be for a pickup.

CCATLETT1984

dissregard my post, i had a brain fart, he's adding a locker to the front. I was thinking of the other thread mentioning 14bolts. Turns out that NO ONE makes std. cut thick gears for the dana 60. so that locker is useless to you. you could weld up the carrier for now.