• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 home from LA small elec. problem

ranchhopper

My 1008 arrived from louisana last week it is a nice rustfree truck it has a new spare never run on but it had no driveshaft so tomorrow I go to the junk yard to hunt one down I had to lock it into four wheel drive to run it up to the garage. Im having a problem with the electrical system (go figure) it doesnt show charge the gauge stays right on the line between yellow and red. When the lights are turned on the gauge goes all the way to the left into the red same with turn signals when they flash the gauge drops with each flash. I cleaned up the fuse box and put in all new fuses Im usually pretty good with getting the bugs out of these trucks but this is new to me. Im hoping someone has had the same symptoms with their truck and has found a fix for it before I really get into taking things apart. Its hard to see in the pictures but there is a red 10 gauge wire with a yellow butt connector crimped to it joining a blue wire to it then going to the power source on the firewall it comes out of the wire loom I dont think thats supposed to be there. When starting the truck the GEN 2 light stays on a bit until the RPMs are brought up a bit then it goes out. I have spent the week cleaning the truck up and adjusting the fenders and doors and replacing striker bolt bushings now it looks and works like it just came off the assembly line any help on the wiring glitch will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks