• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008A1 100amp comm kit?

Rich Johnson

I was reading through the -10 manual and it says that the 1008a1 has a 100 amp communications kit.

My truck had a radio rack in it and the 4 antennas. I dont know what model it is because the plate is gone from the door. My alternators seem to be two 12v civilian models.

What does the 100 amp kit look like? Ide like to see if I have it and dont know it.

ida34

The thing comes with two 100 amp alternators already. I have not seen any extra amp alt for the Cucv. The civilian models are isolated ground units but they are GM alternators. I think the ambulance has a Leece Nevelle (sp) 100 amp 24 volt military style alternator but that is because of the air conditioning compressor. Sorry I don't have more to add.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess the 100 amp kit you read about, is the cable set and cannon plug that gets installed to supply radio power to the bed of the truck. That is what makes it an "A1".

Rich Johnson

Where did you find that diagram. I can tell what it is but its way too small to acctually see. I would like to get the full size copy of it.

I guess if the cable kit makes it an A1 then that is what mine was. THe guy I got it from kept the troop seats, bows and radio rack and cable. He wouldnt include it for the 2200 bucks. He says I have to trade him something to get it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right click on the picture above, and "open in a new window" to veiw it full sized.

It is most likely from the TM 9-2320-289-20P.

Last edited:

ida34

Check the -34P. Since it seems you are military Rich I figure you will know what that means. The manuals are available for download by clicking on Technical Manuals under the Resource tab.

Rich Johnson

Ah hah. Got them. Thanks guys.
I walked over to the FMS the other day and asked if they had any manuals lying around still (they have a 1008 they use as a beater) and they laughed at me. Most of them have seen my M38a1 since that was all I had that ran for the last several months, but they wouldnt help me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks