• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 delivered today

ranchhopper

I bought a 1009 from louisana in a GL sale a while back it arrived yesterday and its much better than I could have hoped for. There is no standard forklift damage the truck started on ether down at the base so they drove it up onto the trailer it shows 49000 on the clock and no rust anywhere the frame and underside of the tub still have the factory paint intact four new goodyear wranglers even has a spare tire and no holes in any of the seats. I replaced the door striker bushings now the doors close without slamming them cleaned the dirt off the floor and its ready to go. They converted the glowplugs to push button otherwise the factory wiring has not been changed I put a spare set of deuce batteries in it that were sitting in the shop pushed the button down for twenty or so seconds it fires right up in 12 degree weather this morning. For an 83 it couldnt have been nicer especially for the price I got it for I had it hauled here for 700 dollars my friend hauls these for a living it was 950 miles each way. He has a CUCV key so he has no problems getting them loaded he is very reasonable he is only set up to haul CUCVs and smaller things he will go most anywhere if you need a good hauler you can get a hold of him at jimstow2@yahoo.com.

Attachments

ranchhopper

I wish Jim hauled deuces and five tons he really does a good job I always send auction pics to him so if there is any pilfered parts he has the GL rep note them on the release so I have some recourse to get paid back for them.

OL AG '89

nice ride. I might contact your haule friend. I just got a M1009 in Ft. Sill, waiting on EUC to clear, but could at least get pricing from him to haul to TX.

jw4x4

That's a good looking 1009. I like the light mount on the roof. I have been contemplating doing something similar to mine. Seems that I have somewhat of a light fetish :twisted:.

lindyp38

tell me more about the door striker...bushing......

my driver side is half way worn down.....

can u post pics too.....

i have to slam that side.......to get the door to close.....

thanks

67_C-30

tell me more about the door striker...bushing......

my driver side is half way worn down.....

can u post pics too.....

i have to slam that side.......to get the door to close.....

thanks

The strikers have a nylon bushing around the pin when new, and they are always long gone. This causes the door to sag down and door wears the top of the stiker flat. New strikers are a must on these. This is really a piss poor design, and they really should be replaced periodically.

Attachments

ranchhopper

These are striker bushings and how they are positioned on the striker bolt I buy them at NAPA they come in packs of four. You will have to shorten them a bit a grinder works perfect they will also have to be reamed out I use a sharp 1/4 inch drill bit in a drill press slide the bushing over the drill bit and press it will shave a little at a time off until it fits. I replace these on every chevy truck I buy no more slamming doors to close them tight. As for the light bar I really have no use for it Ive been kicking around selling it since I won the bid on the truck. I have owned a lot of these selling them as I found better I dont think I will find any better for the price I enjoy driving it around plus my three brittanies like the room to run around inside on road trips.

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ranchhopper,
Could you take some close up of the lights, light bar, how it's attached. and how they turn them on...

I too have a light fetish. I have already put on set on one of my M1009's.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/60137-my-whoopee-lights-convoy-signs.html

And thanks for the tip on replacing the striker plastic piece. I gotta DO THAT on all of mine...

And YEAH - LOVE THE 09...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks