• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 Harmonic Balacer Fix

dirtdiver

I've read through the various posts and was left with a few questions, so I dug in and got busy with mine. I found that the Performance Tool part #W151P from Oreilly's works just fine. The main bolt is a perfect fit for the crankshaft. It's an M16x1.5 bolt. It is marketed as a "puller", but works as an installer if you get a fine thread metric nut and washer to fit it. I got a nut that fit from Ace hardware, but had to look hard for it. I simply hand fitted the HB in place, screwed in the bolt, and used it to press fit it. Worked like a charm.

I also saw questions about whether to remove the radiator or shroud. I found that neither needed to be removed. There was plenty of room to work. I did place a piece of particle board by the radiator to protect the fins.

All in all, not a hard job to do. Just thought I would share.