• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100th annv Boy Scout Parade Austin Texas

Pawnshop

The annual Boy Scout Parade and Report to State took place Saturday (6 Feb) and, since this is the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America, it was a huge event! Several SS members took part in the event: Sarge (M1003 M.A.N.), mkcoen M1010), M813rc (M813 w/M105a3), TexAndy (M35A2 w/w), Barman (M35A2 w/w, AND M35 gasser w/w), quonsethut (M35A2 Gun Truck), buckmaw (M1009 w/M101a2) and yours truly (M35A2). The day started out cold but clear, mkcoen's M1010 was a hit due to the flame heater in the back, we ran 20 vehicles in all and carried countless Scouts, pretty much to capacity. We had several MB/GPW, a M38, three M37, M1009, M1010, a CCKW, five M35 variants, a M813, the M.A.N. and a Land Rover Lightweight fresh from across the pond. Everyone made it there in one piece, despite some kamikaze attacks on the way, and almost everyone made it home in one piece, TexAndy had a little mech (and other) trouble that turned out good in the end, and Sarge put on a light show with some sticky brakes on the M.A.N. that will require some work before the next outing, but in all it was a good day:)

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was one amazing parade. It started at 0900 but we didn't start moving until 1030!

The 1010 was a hit, as Pawnshop said, thanks to the heater in the back. Only problem is the DUVAC has not been tamed yet and my front battery was fried during the day. Still lots to figure out before the big road trip.

Seeing Sarge's M.A.N. is always fun as well. Hopefully he gets his brake kinks worked out before the next big event.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few more pics from the parade. In all, I believe we had 20 MV's, not including trailers.

Cheers

1. Buckmaw's M1009/M101
2. My m813A1/m105a3. I carried 39 folks in truck/trailer, plus 2 up front.
3. The benches Reloader64 and I hastily built last weekend. They were cut down from what he had in his Deuce before he got proper seats.
4. The really nice Lightweight Landrover again.
5. Looking ahead. Visible are Buckmaw, Sarge's M1003, Texandy and Barrman's Deuces.
6. Looking back at Mkcoen's M1010 (it finally got here). Pawnshop's Deuce is behind him.
7. The M1003 in traffic afterwards.
8. This is not an MV, but too cool to not show. The wings flapped as the rider peddled, the head moved when he steered.
9. Oldest son proves he can sleep anywhere!

Attachments

Last edited:

Barrman

It was indeed fun and big. Sorry I couldn't do lunch with everybody, but having the wife and mother along as well as my Scouts all at the staging area really had me going too many directions at once.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks