• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

101 degrees, a deuce, 2 dogs and an old man...

91W350

The boys and I have been cooped up for a while with the hot weather, work schedules, running family members back and forth to Missouri and the recoveries lately. When I got off work today, they had that wander lust look, so we loaded up and drove the 30 miles or so to the lake. They roamed around, swam, waded, sniffed and I watched the sunset.

Sir decided the place for his nose was the lower right corner of the driver's windshield. Slobber found its way in a V pattern from that window corner all the way to the other window corner and about half of the top and driver's side.

Bud was content to stick his head out the passenger's side, if that D turbo bugs him, you would be hard pressed to tell it!

It was a fun trip. I will dig up some photos share the trip home...

Attachments

91W350

We spent about 90 minutes in and out of the water. My old friend was camping out there, so we stopped to harass him a little and thank him again for helping with the new deuce last week. The boys had a blast!

Attachments

91W350

At 101 degrees, it whooped a lot of energy out of the dogs on the way out, me too! I was sipping on a gallon of water and they tried to drink the lake dry.

Sir rode back in the bed, Buddy stretched out in the cab.

I am not sure about those two, but I saw lots of deer. The fawns are brightly spotted right now and look so clean. The turkey population is doing we as well.

It was pretty relaxing as we enjoyed the evening summer smells, a burning wheat stubble field, a freshly cut alfalfa field, a stinky tadpole hole down stream from the old feedlot at the CK Ranch, the chug chug of an old gasoline Farmall as the guy was working his fields, as he and his old tractor have probably done for 50 years. The cool breeze of the valleys and the warmer blasts of the hilltops, I always thought these summer cropland/ranch drives were sweet....even the smell of money as we rolled past the feedlot.

Buddy just wishes the deuce had armrests..... Glen

Attachments

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked like a great day, I put up hay yesterday and the heat just kicked my butt. I don't know how you made in the deuce. Thanks for the pictures

A

A/C Cages

My wife said, Beautifull dogs, beautifull truck,,,, driver questionable???
She says that about me too. lol

indy4x4fab

Banned
i cant wait to get my truck next spring, me and the mrs. love dropping the grand kids off at mom and dads for the evening and just drive and crouse.

91W350

I need to take more of those sunset drives, that was a good and relaxing time. I used to do them all the time on a motorcycle. The deer would not be much of a threat to me in the deuce......

landfillman

Great lookig dogs you got there, Im glad to see I m not the only one here with White Sheperds. I have 4 at the moment Lily my oldest is the the great grand pup of my first 2 I had when i was 9. She will ride in a DM Mack without the passenger seat all day then get on the dozer with me ofr about an hour.

91W350

We have a beautifulb girlb too. Sadly her life's trail is getting short. Ten years ago she was a crazy pup that had to run at least 30 minutes a day or she would drive you crazy. Now a trip out to pee and she is ready to come back in. Very sweet girl.... got a sad day coming. Thanks for sharing. Glen