• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

101 rear leg

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a diffrence betweek the M101A1 & the M101A2 rear leg stabalizer. Or will they just bolt up OK.
Thanks Bob.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there are two styles of legs, one uses a pin to secure it the other uses a sring loaded latch. I suspect the spring loaded latch is a later style but they both will bolt on any of the trailers.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m38inmaine; Thanks for the info, I was expecting that to be true, but wanted to check it out before I bought a m101A1 leg for my m101A2
Bob.

papakb

There seem to be a number of different designs on the rear legs over the years. I've had them with round bases and square bases and with different latching mechanisms to keep them up.

The round foot design allows you to adjust the height more easily that the square foot model and the retaining pin is more positive that the latch for keeping the leg up.

I don't know if these were ever used with all the trailers but I've mounted them on all of mine. All it takes is to jump into the back of an empty trailer and have the front come off the ground to make you understand how useful they are.

I just got one of the M101A3 trailers and it has a crank up landing leg on the front which I think is an outsanding idea. I see one on eBay but it's listed at $250 to start and I think that's just a bit too high.

I'm working on a design for an underbed tire rack and that's going to mean I have to make the leg removable. I'll probably do that with an aircraft quick release pin.

Kurt Lesser

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks