• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

101a2 Front Support Leg crank

coyotegray

I have 2 A2's that are missing the crank. Can someone post a good image. I haven't been able to find any so Im going to fab my own..

Thanks,
Andy..

oilcan

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think any of the 3/4 ton trailers have a crank. You just pull a pin, fold down the leg, and put the pin back in. You gotta lift the lunett off the pintle and set it on the ground by hand.

citizensoldier

I have seen these crank units on A2's and A3's.. They seem real nice and I could use one if you guys find a stash of them. I have a pioneer trailer and when its full of tools its a ball buster to hook up. The civi ones hang down and the upgrade military one folds up real nice out of the way for off road use. The old style fold down can get you with a loaded trailer.. Or put me in the hospital when my back blows up from trying to lift and kick that leg in place. Not a problem when you have soldier A, B and C .:-D

citizensoldier

I have three 105s two have the newer style dolly with the crank and double wheels the trailers will be taken apart and the beds used on bobbed trucks anyone needing parts off them PM me.
Hey ranchopper.. I could use one of these too.. I still have one M105 with the old style on it and would like to see it go buy buy.. PM me what you would take for one..
They will not work on a M101 though.. Well not easily anyway.. kind of overkill..:-D

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crank handle

This is a dual wheel jack, rated for 1,000# made by fuller, works really well, especially when trailer is loaded.
Bob.

ida34

Ford F-350 1989. The hood is rusted like that because it was put on new and they never painted over the E coat so it rusted bad. Kind of sad since it was brand new. A point of interest, This weekend I took the cab off. The hood fenders and cab are now removed from it. I will post pics. I have a new cab with no rot and it will be going in in the next couple of weeks. Both cabs are in my garage while I swap the stuff. I had to paint the new cab because of a few problem spaces but all of it was surface. No rust through at all. I almost painted it 24087 that I got at Evansville but decided not to waste the good stuff. I used this cheap paint from my local auto store.

ida34

With measurements too! Outstanding...

Thanks!
Andy...
I appreciate the thanks. I burned myself doing this it was so hot out. The ruler heated up after a few seconds. Trying to hold everything and take a picture was a pain but I knew someone would be able to make them pretty easy with the measurements. I can see why so many were lost. They should have been attached with a chain to the trailer. As it is now it can get lost pretty easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks